Today I’m doing a self-interview and linking up with the gals of Mississippi Women Bloggers to connect and learn more about each other.
1. What part of Mississippi are you from?
I’m originally from Meridian, MS. I moved to Columbus, MS in the fall of 2005 to begin college at MUW. I’ve been here ever since.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging almost 2 years.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted and needed a creative outlet. I studied creative writing in college and I figured a blog would keep me creative and writing every single day (for the most part at least). I also wanted to connect with others, and possibly grow my blog into a potential source of income.
4. Tell us what we can expect when reading your blog.
The better question would be, what can’t you expect. I blog about my life and my passions so anything that falls into those two categories you will find on here. Whether it’s clothes , recipes, cats, crafts, fitness, or posts about my marriage, I’ve pretty much got something for everyone.
5. What does your blog title mean?
The Fair Fox simply means that I’m a fair complected, clever girl. It’s a reminder that I’m beautiful and smart in my own way. I also love alliteration and The Fair Fox just has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?
6. What do you love about being part of Mississippi Women Bloggers?
I love knowing that there are other bloggers in MS and that I now have a way to connect to them. Before I started blogging, I read a lot of blogs, and it seemed that none of the bloggers were from the South, much less Mississippi. I didn’t know how to find other MS bloggers either, unless I knew someone who had a blog.
7. Who inspires you to blog?
Myself. That may sound conceited, but I find it’s best to serve as your own source of inspiration. Content that I’ve created based off of what I’ve seen on other blogs never really feels natural to me or worth reading. When I sit down and think of something original or personal, that’s when I enjoy blogging the most and feel that I’m creating great content.
8. If you could pick a favorite blog post from this past year, what would it be?
9. Do your real life friends know you blog? How do they respond?
My best friend Abby knows I blog. She is a fellow Mississippi Women Blogger. I feel we encourage each other when it comes to our blogs. I believe that most of my other close friends know that I blog. I’ve gotten positive feedback from everyone, so I guess they all support me and like the content I’m producing.
10. What is your blogging routine (if you have one)?
My routine is pretty sporadic. I have a blog schedule that I try to follow for the most part, but the time I blog depends. Sometimes I do it in the mornings at work if I don’t have anything else going on, and sometimes I have to blog in the evenings or on the weekend.
11. We all love social media! Are there any social media links you would like to share so we can follow you?
13. Name 3 bloggers who have not joined Mississippi Women Bloggers that you would like to see join us!
Yikes. Like I said in my answer to question 6, I don’t know a lot of MS bloggers.
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to link up!