So guys, I just received an email from Nicole of Rose Runs Wild saying that she had nominated me for The Liebster Award for up and coming blogs! First of all, thank you Nicole for the nomination. I knew there were blog awards, but never did I ever imagine I would be nominated for one. I’m in disbelief but very flattered.
So here’s how to participate in the awards:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things about me:
1. I love getting into really hot cars. Even in the Summer, hot cars just make me feel warm and fuzzy, if only for a minute.
2. I have a birth mark on the bottom of my left foot.
3. I have a Glee playlist that I listen to when I’m getting ready. My favorite song on the list is Alone sung by Kristin Chenoweth.
4. I hate being scared but I love scaring other people.
5. I’m soft spoken. I have to repeat myself a lot, and usually by the third time I repeat myself I’m so exasperated I don’t even want to talk anymore.
6. I sometimes wish I had an accent, then I realize I already do but I’m the only one who can’t hear it. If I had any other accent in the world though, I think I’d love to have a British or Australian accent.
7. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
8. Before I die I’d really like to bungee jump or go sky diving, even though both activities terrify me.
9. I read People magazine online religiously. I know more about pop culture and celebrities than anything else going on in the world. I can’t talk to you about foreign policy, but if want to know what color nail polish Katy Perry wore to the Grammy’s, I’m your girl.
10. Zooey Dechanel’s character in New Girl reminds me of myself because I make up songs about everyday things all the time and often sing responses to questions. I just like to sing in general.
11. I really like to give. I want to get to a place financially where I can give back more and more. Christmas is my favorite holiday because I love picking things out with certain people in mind and I like seeing their faces when they open their gifts. It’s a lot more fulfilling than receiving, although I’m not going to lie and say that I don’t like getting gifts, because I do.
Answers to Nicole’s questions:
1. Favorite romantic comedy? You know you have one, everyone has one!
My favorite romantic comedy would have to be Can’t Buy Me Love. It’s a classic and Seth Green’s character is just hilarious.
2. Most embarrassing moment?
I’ve had many but the one that sticks out most in my mind, and the one that is brought up most often, happened when I was maybe 5 or 6. I was playing on the playground at McDonald’s, climbing on the outside of the slide (rule breaker over here) and I slipped and fell and my shorts got caught on a bolt so I was hanging upside down by my pants in front of all the kids on the playground. My mom had to come unhook me, laughing the entire time along with my grandmother. When I had both feet planted on the ground again, I crawled under the slide and hid.
3. What is the biggest inspiration in your life?
The biggest inspiration in my life would have to be my faith. Just knowing that I’m loved no matter what and that I’m accepted despite my flaws and failures is a pretty great feeling. It makes me want to be a better person for myself, my husband, my family and my friends.
4. Where is your favorite place you have traveled to and would go back again to every year if you could?
Australia. I was fortunate enough to study abroad in Perth, WA for 6 weeks when I was still in college and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Australia is absolutely beautiful, I love the culture and I met some really amazing people when I was there. It’s just really laid back and there are tons of things to do and see.
5. Best quality about yourself?
I’m a lover. I care a lot about other people and often put other people and their feelings above my own.
6. Worst quality about yourself?
I’m passive aggressive. I often let people walk all over me and it’s very hard for me to stand up for myself when someone makes me mad, hurts my feelings, etc. Instead I just bottle everything up and usually unload on my husband. Bless his heart.
7. Favorite thing to shop for?
I always love to shop for clothes, but lately all I’ve been wanting are things for my house. Since Nick and I got married, we’ve been trying to replace our hand me down furniture with nicer, newer furnishings. Sheets, pillows and fabric are probably at the top of my favorite home things list.
8. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
I’d take away all the ignorance. I feel a lot of our problems are borne out of ignorance. If we could all just learn to love one another and work together, despite our differences, we could accomplish great things.
9. Couldn’t live without?
Chapstick/lip balm. Burt’s Bees to be exact.
10. Best childhood memory?
Too many to name. Any Summer spent with my grandmother and my cousins was always the best. We’d help her make biscuits in the morning, then we’d go outside and play all day. Sometimes my grandfather would take us for a ride on his tractor, or my uncle would take us swimming. We’d occupy an entire room of my grandmother’s house and build a giant Barbie mansion or play office using an old rotary phone, a brief case and a Sears catalog. We’d stay up late and call the local radio station requesting songs until the sun came up, or dress up and make music videos or put on plays for the family. My childhood was just the best overall. No one memory jumps out to me because I cherish them all.
11. Coffee or tea? What kind?
Both! I love Colombian coffee and my favorite tea is anything with chai.
My questions to you:
1. How do you feel about roller coasters?
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
3. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
4. What’s your greatest failure?
5. If you could have a conversation with your 13 year old self, what would you talk about?
6. Who is the one person that has had the greatest influence in your life?
7. If you could live in any other era/decade/time period, what would you choose and why?
8. Are you a social butterfly or a wallflower?
9. What sense do you think you could live without?
10. Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?
11. What’s your go-to tear jerker movie when you need a good cry?
My 11 nominated blogs:
Good luck ladies!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my latest post for a Halloween inspired sweet treat!